Wednesday 7 October 2009

Just before we left


Poor little thing, does look rather tired, but to me, it felt weak and cold. I could not leave it, nor any other creature for that matter, as a toy for dogs, or food for a predator. I heard a thump and saw the poor thing sat on the ground. I waited for 15 minutes, and it barely moved. I decided to go chaeck on it close up. It tried to fly, but could not. Obviously, something was wrong. Carefully and very gently, I picked it up and took it back to the Visitors center. As you can see, there is a table with food and water there, and we placed it on the table. It is better here, as there are alwas people hanging around, so no DOGS to scare it and no predators to eat it. Sadly we have to go now, I have to get my wife home so she can go do her job. My friends at the Center, will let me know if anything bad happens, when I return late this afternoon. Right now, its looking very weak, but at least it is standing. I am keeping my fingers crossed for this little thing. I will update you on whatever I see or am told.

No comments:

Post a Comment